• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Frederick, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I have a daughter living in Frederick that is starting to house hunt for her first home to purchase. Any references for honest, ethical appraisers, home inspectors, lenders and real estate agents in that area? You can email me at j m s t r a t t o n @ a z n e x . n e t

At the moment she is checking out a property (fix up) in Knoxville originally constructed in 1895.

Thank you for any information you can provide!

Wayne Henry

Professional Status
State
Maryland
Tell her to be careful, in Frederick the markets are dropping faster than any county I have noticed in Maryland.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
They had seen a real estate ad for the home and then went to go look at it. It definitely was a "fixer upper", siding missing, etc, etc. So they decided not to check into it any further. Thank you to the Maryland appraisers that responded. Passed the info on to my daughter and son in law so they can start being prepared to purchase their first home.

Chris Caretti

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Hi Jo Ann,

I want to agree with Wayne Henry's comments about Frederick County. Sales prices have decreased more so than in other Baltimore Metro area counties. More of a buyers market. I know Frederick County very well and have seen every new neighborhood built over the past 10 years.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I just did a short sale appraisal in Villages of Urbana, yikes, $150,000 drop in two years (from $500,000).

David B

Professional Status
State
Maryland
FWIW and if interested e-mail me via my profile.,

Briefly,

I'm licensed as a Real Estate Broker in Maryland and as a Certified Residential Appraiser in Maryland. (Also in Virginia and "only" licensed in DC.)

Even FHA approved in all 3 jurisdictions. (When you actually had to pass an exam.)

Just helped my cousin purchase a home in the Frederick/Braddock Heights area.

(I will be, of all places, at Disneyworld with my daughter for the 14U Fastpitch World Series from 7/26 thru 8/2.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks