• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Funny of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
One of my best AMC's who I though we had an understanding of fees, just sent me an order for a rural, lake front, constuction, MFG, rush one day appraisal for 220 rats pelts. Just sent then a turn time of 5 working days, at full fee. No can do rush on this one. Requested plans, specs, mfg data and sale invoice.

We will see what happens. They have got to be kidding, right??????:beer:

FYI I use we a lot, that mean me and the turd in my vest pocket for you that don't understand the use of we by me.

AJL118

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Ray - If I were the turd in your pocket, I would be the witness and have the answer to how you accomplish so much in so little time. It could be venison sausage or warm cheese curds. Or maybe a couple of brewskies. Or something in the water.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Funny of the Day #2.

Email comes in for an order to do a Land appraisal for $200, 75 miles north of me from an AMC I have never heard of. Called the AMC, they have no clue as to what a SOW is. Call the person that order the appraisal/contact person on the order in AZ. He says they need an appraisal to sell thier have of the land to his brother. I start asking my question.

1. size a. 80ac?

2. Location. a. Don't know we call the road Lonesome Road because it so far out in the sticks? But I can tell you how to drive to it. ajdfoifh[g'na'fhq[fhnq[gqopigfvqnh[gfqpfppagfjqnhivgq[ofiqvfnqgfio[hofjpnq[foqenvf.

3. Who's name is it in? a. Jackson Trust.

4. What is the land like? My Grandfathers farm and last used as a dairy operation on a lease until June of this year. But it smelled real bad this summer when we were there. Big manure pit that was full and lots of dead claves and a couple of dead cows laying around.

5. How many wells? Don't know for sure?

6. Any below grade/below ground level? I think they all are???? (bad answer for Wisconsin)

7. Any sand points? I think one??? (bad answer for Wisconsin)

8. Anything else I should know? Don't go in the old house as the floor caved in with us this summer. There is a big dump on the back side of the farm away from the road, where lots of stuff was dumped. Thats all I can tell you about the place. You know what it worth now.

Me calls the AMC and tells them of the problems, One the fee for this type of normal land appraisal is $650. Because of the problems the fee for this one will be at least $1000 as I will need to ride the property and see what other kinds of problems there may be. Figure the cost to cure the clean up of the barn area, manure pit, removel of the house. Cost to cure the well problems before I can come up with a value. Her response was all we need is a simple land appraisal. Don't need the rest of that information. Sorry I can't do that. We will find another appraiser who knows how to do a simple land appraisal.

Yep, two in and two out.

Andy Taylor

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Did you tell her that the SOW as you described it was about as "simple" as that appraisal was going to get?

Damon Pedersen

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Iowa
I am sure she tok all of that info down Ray and then still shopped it and will find someone to do it for $400 - $500. Then, they will bill the customer the $1,000 and site the issues Ray told her to justify the increased fee.
This whole sysem is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks