• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Funny Revision Request

fishbig010

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
You're right there is no FNMA requirement, although AO 16 does address this. "An appraiser must ensure that his or her appraisal, consulting, or review opinions and conclusions are impartial, and objective, and do not illegally discriminate or CONTRIBUTE TO illegal discrimination through subjective or stereotypical assumptions."
Photographs of individuals definitely provide this option for any reader of the report.
I see you're from Oregon and may have a different point of view on life than myself. I have to ask, how does a picture of my fingers and my boot (which were worn to a vacant home, and later to 2 under construction inspections for safety reasons) have anything to do with impartiality, objectivity, and discrimination?

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts

Why You Shouldn't Mess With Redheads

Seems someone should have done some research.... :)

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I don't even allow my vehicle to show up in any of my exterior pics
I do. It proves I was there. Over the years, I have not been questioned but once about did I actually inspect (an REO.) And I showed them that it was my truck on the farm...so yes, I did inspect. It doesn't always get in the report, but I normally like to have a picture in a mirror or my car in a picture.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I see you're from Oregon and may have a different point of view on life than myself. I have to ask, how does a picture of my fingers and my boot (which were worn to a vacant home, and later to 2 under construction inspections for safety reasons) have anything to do with impartiality, objectivity, and discrimination?
It doesnt but you have too understand some on the Left Coast have all sorts of weird isues going on theitr heads. I know I am surrounded by them and everything upsets or offends them and they do best under Obey and Control types of goverments and regimes. :)

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
It doesnt but you have too understand some on the Left Coast have all sorts of weird isues going on theitr heads. I know I am surrounded by them and everything upsets or offends them and they do best under Obey and Control types of goverments and regimes. :)
Someone saw my booties and it upset them : ) LMAO

Sadie

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Congrats... you win the BS post of the year

Do everyone a favor. Stop posting false information.
Well, I copy/pasted this out of an old AF post by someone else that some of you actually responded to positively. But really, this has been a requirement for many lenders for many years. Maybe you are not a residential appraiser, only have one or two clients or have just been lucky in your photos. No people in photos has been around for over 20 years. The reasoning is to 1, remove any bias, conscious or unconscious, and also for liability relating to any bias.

Sadie

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Is it in your 29 page engagement letter? Oregon has nothing to do with this. Read the old forum postings on this.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks