• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fuses on an FHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz South

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I'm having temporary brain freeze - maybe I've been working too long without nearly enough sleep?

Quick question-

Does FHA require circuit breakers and 100 amp service? I saw a mention of 100 amps in the 4150.2 but didn't see anything specific on whether fuses are acceptable.

Help thaw out my brain :lol:

Liz S.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
They use to. But when they fixed the system and went to lender select they threw the baby out with the bath water. They now go with what ever the local authorities require, if fuses are OK with the local building / health departments then they are ok with HUD. If not replace them, unlikely. Although it will make it hard to get a homeowners policy since most insurers don't like fuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks