• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

FYI on Transamerica and Interflood/a la mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbiggers

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
A comment I heard yesterday made me realize that most appraisers don't know that the lawsuit filed by Transamerica against a la mode was dropped months ago. The filing was announced originally on this forum (and some of the consistently anti-a la mode people posted snide comments about the expected outcome), so I assume it's fine for me to post this followup without being told that it's an advertisement.

The net result of Transamerica and us sitting down and talking about where we got at odds with each other was the creation of additional ways to work together even more closely. We simply set aside our differences and focused on the long term relationship. So what seemed like a problem actually became the catalyst for even more business. Transamerica's servers now provide flood data to both WinTOTAL Enterprise users directly and to InterFlood users.

And just in the past two weeks, Transamerica has decided to join the Mercury Network as a provider of flood certifications to the lenders and AMC's on the network. The relationship is strong and still growing.

Comments from some of those appraisers on this forum who originally posted such colorful pronouncements of our guilt and impending doom are of course welcomed as always. ;-)

Dave Biggers
CEO
a la mode, inc.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Comments from some of those appraisers on this forum who originally posted such colorful pronouncements of our guilt and impending doom are of course welcomed as always. ;-)

Dave Biggers
CEO
a la mode, inc.

Comments are welcome as long as the comments aren't sarcastic like one that I just removed.

Please make constructive posts only if you reply to this post or any other on this board.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Dave, consumers and appraisers are the same. There are still people who would never own a Ford or Chevy and will take shots at the manufacturer in ther attempt to defend their position. Don't let it bother you any more than Ford or Chevy does. Alamode is #1 for a reason. If certain factions of the appraisal community don't see why, it is their loss and they would never admit it, just like Ford haters of Chevy haters or Dodge haters would never admit it.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Dave, consumers and appraisers are the same. There are still people who would never own a Ford or Chevy and will take shots at the manufacturer in ther attempt to defend their position. Don't let it bother you any more than Ford or Chevy does. Alamode is #1 for a reason. If certain factions of the appraisal community don't see why, it is their loss and they would never admit it, just like Ford haters of Chevy haters or Dodge haters would never admit it.

Couldn't agree more Tim. When you worry is when people STOP talking about you!

I remember years ago that Dale Earnhardt would only grin when he would get boos when introduced before a race. He told Jeff Gordon in Jeff's early days that when they stop making any noise either for you or against you then that's when you start worrying because you are not a factor anymore.

dbiggers

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
Thanks Tim and Wayne. You're right -- that's why I had a grin after my last sentence. I know it's just the way things are.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks