• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Gap Between Homeowner Estimates And Appraisal Values Continues To Widen

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
why are they running around getting homeowner estimates of value?
reminds me of mtge broker days when the amount HO thought their house was worth would be on an order

graindart

Professional Status
State
Montana
I didn't read the whole thing, just kind of skimmed a few paragraphs. I think the real news isn't that homeowners estimated are widening as compared to appraisers. I think the real news is that Quicken is reporting that the HO estimate is only 1.7% over the appraiser's opinion of value. That's extremely low and I have no clue how they calculated it. Have a group of appraiser's go appraise the same house on the same day. I highly doubt the majority of them will have opinions within 1.7% of each other. I'm guessing it's just another worthless glob of "data" that someone decided to graph.

miktay

Professional Status
State
Texas
reminds me of mtge broker days when the amount HO thought their house was worth would be on an order

Remember this phrase from the loan officers of the past? "If you can hit this number, I've got a lot more work coming your way..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks