• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Garmin Driveassist 50 GPS (money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
upgraded from my old garmin nuvi55 and the difference is amazing. first and foremost is also includes a built in dash camera! could have used that when an off duty cop backed into me and lied to my insurance company and said i hit him f'ing scumbag. anyhoo, the trip advisor fucntion is 1,000x's smarter than my nuvi trip advisor function. just type in your 3 comp addresses and hit the "optimize route" function and it puts them in perfect nearest-to-furthest order. also has red light and speed camera add ons if youd like. has front collision and side land keeping assists.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Link or you are lying.....sup Digger.

Man, I bought the 55 on your recommendation and love it for the user routing for comp photos.

You got me interested and I got money to spend on write-offs. Hook a brother up with a link. :)

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Link or you are lying.....sup Digger.

Man, I bought the 55 on your recommendation and love it for the user routing for comp photos.

You got me interested and I got money to spend on write-offs. Hook a brother up with a link. :)

the trip planner as you can attest in the nuvi 55 has its ups and downs (mostly up) but the driveassist 50 is 100% spot on every time. totally forgot it has voice command as well.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A1HL79E
Refurbed from about $145
But my phone + a $10 app has a larger screen, and does everything this GPS does except the Dash Cam.
Whoops, actually, I could use the phone as a dash cam, just mount it in good spot, and turn on the Record Video function.
Computers are such versatile things.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A1HL79E
Refurbed from about $145
But my phone + a $10 app has a larger screen, and does everything this GPS does except the Dash Cam.
Whoops, actually, I could use the phone as a dash cam, just mount it in good spot, and turn on the Record Video function.
Computers are such versatile things.

i hear you but once you use trip planner to input all your comps at once and have the unit put them in perfect order for you to shoot you will never use anything else. its like going from a tape measure to a laser!

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
These things cause your mental map to fade and your mind to wither from lack of exercise. :peace:

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
These things cause your mental map to fade and your mind to wither from lack of exercise. :peace:

thats hilarious you said that because its 100% true but time is money so...

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
These things cause your mental map to fade and your mind to wither from lack of exercise.
I used to drive my helpmate crazy. She'd call me from somewhere in OK, lost as a goose because her garmin couldn't ID the address and I'd have her call out a few landmarks and then I'd tell her where she was and how to find the comp. She got so lost a few times she had to set the home button to route her back to a highway. I used to be photogrammetry trained in aerial photos, U-2 and Landsat imagery. Big cities would be less so, but Tom-Tom is crutch, use it sparingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks