• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Getting Older

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff Salisbury

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Ohio
Arthur is 90 years old. He's played golf every day since his retirement 25 years ago.

One day he arrives home looking downcast.

"That's it," he tells his wife. "I'm giving up golf. My eyesight has got so bad that once I'd hit the ball I couldn't see where it went."

His wife sympathizes and makes him a cup of tea. As they sit down she says, "Why don't you take my brother with you and give it one more try."

"That's no good" sighs Arthur. "Your brother's a hundred and three. He can't help."

"He may be a hundred and three", says the wife, "but his eyesight is perfect."

So the next day Arthur heads off to the golf course with his brother-in-law. He tees up, takes an almighty swing and squints down the fairway.

He turns to the brother-in-law. "Did you see the ball?"

"Of course I did!"

"Where did it go?" says Arthur.

"I can't remember."
=

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Mexico
I once played a round a golf with two old friends, both well into their 80's. One had poor vision, the other was hard of hearing. They messed with each other all the way around the course. The deaf guy would tell the blind guy he hit it into the trees or a san trap, when almost every shot was right down the middle. Not far, but very straight.

The blind guy would flinch like somebody yelled fore just as the deaf guy was standing over his ball. It was pretty funny. You could tell they had been doing this for years.

BTW, they both beat me. From 150 yards and in, they were deadly. Great short games. My 250 yard drives did me no good at all. Very valuable lesson.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Arthur is 90 years old. He's played golf every day since his retirement 25 years ago.

One day he arrives home looking downcast.

"That's it," he tells his wife. "I'm giving up golf. My eyesight has got so bad that once I'd hit the ball I couldn't see where it went."

His wife sympathizes and makes him a cup of tea. As they sit down she says, "Why don't you take my brother with you and give it one more try."

"That's no good" sighs Arthur. "Your brother's a hundred and three. He can't help."

"He may be a hundred and three", says the wife, "but his eyesight is perfect."

So the next day Arthur heads off to the golf course with his brother-in-law. He tees up, takes an almighty swing and squints down the fairway.

He turns to the brother-in-law. "Did you see the ball?"

"Of course I did!"

"Where did it go?" says Arthur.

"I can't remember."
=

Fortunately, my brother has GOOD eyesight!

Thomas Fiehler

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Lobo-Many years ago while still in college a couple of us went to the local municipal course for a quick "18". They asked if they could put a 3rd player with us so naturally we agreed. He rode in a cart and had a bad limp. After a few holes and everybody started joking around (and drinking) he confided in us that he was in a bad wreck a few years earlier and lost his leg. As soon as he told me where it happened I remembered being at the scene when they took him to the hospital. Like the old guys, he didn't hit it very far but it was always on the short grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks