• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Getting paid in puppies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy in FL

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
OK...is it just me? Does anybody else do this silly stuff?

Got a homeowner who is on the verge of foreclosure. They've got a local bank who may refi for them if the appraisal "comes out OK." Well, I don't work that way, so I got a signed contract saying that if the bank doesn't do the loan and pay me out of closing, they're going to pay me, or at their option, (if they don't have the cash...odds are they won't)...provide one AKC registrable, healthy, 8 week old Bloodhound puppy out of their next litter. (They do bassetts, too, but I've always wanted a bloodhound.)

Sigh...maybe I can train him to sniff out termites. Could be a PAYING career in that!!

Kathy in FL

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I recall a couple of posts on the old board where fees were paid in puppies, but I can't remember who it was.

rtubbs

Kathy, you know that you're just setting yourself up. when the next litter of six is born they will call you and say: sorry Kathy, yours died.

A

Anonymous

Kathy,

You need to set your sights higher. I have tried to swap appraisal fees for Porsches, Ferrari's, boats, Harley's.

For some stupid reason, nobody has taken my offers yet.

spettifer

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
Only if there Golden Retriever puppies. Hey, that could be a $1,000 fee. Of course over the next ten years it will cost you much more than that.

Cheers,

Scott

Ruth Langkawel

Sophomore Member
I still have the 2 year old sheltie (Lady Ashley) that I got from a homeowner that couldn't keep her. We didn't negotiate a swap, but I marked the invoice paid in full when I sent in the report. I got much more than my fees worth - she's about 7 now. :D

Theresa in Oregon

Sophomore Member
Kathy:

Exact same situation, only in my case the borrower owns a pet supply store. I own six cats. We were made for each other.

His loan didn't close and he paid my fee in cat food. :wink:

Theresa in Oregon

Sophomore Member
Kathy:

Exact same situation, only in my case the borrower owns a pet supply store. I own six cats. We were made for each other.

His loan didn't close and he paid my fee in cat food. :wink:

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
A fellow appraiser buddy of mine was paid by no charge dining for a year at a mexican resturant. He did a full commerical appraisal. Turns out that he did not get his moneys worth, his stomach could not handle it. :mrgreen:

Mell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks