• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Glug, Glug, Glug...we're Drowning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
OK - anyone else drowning out there? This appears to be the start of a perfectly ruined weekend. It rained most of the day yesterday and it already started this morning. Let me decide to build a house and 6 weeks later they still can't pour the footers.......Guess I won't be singing jingle bells in my new house this year!

Kelly Green

Freshman Member
Feel pretty lucky this morning. I can actually see the sunshine for a change here in the panhandle.

Chris Colston

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
The Space Coast is almost under water, too. The rains have been coming earlier this week and staying longer. Usually I schedule inspections, this time of year, after 8:30 and before 3. Last few days I've had to be sure I was back in the car by noon. Can't get much done that way.....I hate wet feet! :eyecrazy:

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
Judy,

If this keeps up, all I'll have to do is stock the back yard and just fish out the kitchen window! Sorry it's delaying your house! Maybe by Easter? Seems like it hasn't affected the workload, except for being creative in scheduling inspections around the lightning!

Mike Seward

Professional Status
State
Florida
Judy,
I did an inspection this morning in St. Pete. It was raining harder than I've ever seen it rain. The homeowner gave me a towell to dry off with after I took the rear photo. Several major intersections were blocked by police because the water was too deep for cars to go through it. Yikes!

Monica Otto

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I just spent the weekend trudging through downpours and standing water with 50 million other people with Mickey Mouse panchos on!
Yee Ha!
Monica

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
Yikes, Monica!

That would be my worst nightmare!

Quick, get back to work and save your sanity!

B)

Chris Colston

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Originally posted by Monica Otto@Aug 10 2003, 07:17 PM
I just spent the weekend trudging through downpours and standing water with 50 million other people with Mickey Mouse panchos on!
50 Million!!?? I thought attendance was down?? :shocked: Did ya get to ride the new MISSION SPACE ride at Epcot?? I did that last week-end, very cool ride!! :lol: : I collect and trade pins so I'm going this coming Friday when a whole new set of pins is released.

It didn't rain on the east beaches today, finally got to clear out my jungle of a yard and take a walk to the beach.

Monica Otto

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Chris,
No, didnt get to Epcot. Stayed at the Swan right there (great deal on Price Line), went to Magic Kingdom - thats where the 50 million people were. We were surprised also. You couldnt move. Then Animal kingdom and MGM. My daughter started collecting the pins too.

Wally,
I WAS my worst nightmare, although it was so bad it got funny. I cant believe it but I am ready to get back to work. :p

Patty Stefan

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
I've been living here in Florida for about 4 months now. I haven't made it up to Disney World yet :( . I love Epcot. What is this new mission ride your all talking about? I had to swim to my friends house the other day. There were tad poles out swimming on the sidewalk. I had to trudge through all the water to get in her house. It pulled my flip flops right off my feet. :blink: To think I moved here for the weather. Geez I can't believe were goiing to soon be heading into fall. This will be different for me. Especially at Christmas time. I hope it stays warm. I don't like the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks