• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Gonna File a Complaint on a Bad Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masmia

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Gonna File a Complaint on a Bad Review from Flagstar.

I received a complaint from Flagstar Bank regarding an appraisal of a multi-family I did four years ago. Reviewer agreed with the whole appraisal except for the value. In support of his estimate of value the reviewer used three comps that each had prior sales within 12 mos, his review only disclosed the priors for one of his comps. The two priors the reviewer failed to disclose were foreclosure sales, what a coincidence. I've learned from the forum that this is SOP for Flagstar Reviewers.

In the past I have shyed away from turning in bad reviews for fear that the board find something I missed in the appraisal and end up getting burnt myself. In this case, however, my appraisal is already at the state so I have nothing to lose by turning in the reviewer. I wish I could see the guys face when he receives the complaint.

Last edited:

Midwest Guy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Usually the Flagstar Bank appraisal reviews have a blacked out signature line and other identifying marks of the indivisual appraiser. I hope that is not the case for you.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
How is your appraisal already at the state?

masmia

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I received a complaint from Flagstar Bank regarding an appraisal of a multi-family I did four years ago.

By this I mean from Flagstar to the State and from the State to me.

The reviewers name and signature are not blacked out.

Midwest Guy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Wow,

Flagstar did not send you a nasty letter first. We have a new set of proceedures for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks