• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Good Appraisal Accountant needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodie Argubright

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oregon
Anybody know of a good accountant? I am in the Clackamas area and mine just file for bancrupcy (EEGAD!) I am a no frills kind of gal, just somebody honest and knowledgable. Preferably somebody experienced with the appraisal business or real estate. Iam just a one-woman shop out of my home...thanks!

Laurie E

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
I love my gal, Jodie, though she's in the Tigard area. Her name is Graal (pronounced "grail") Larkin.

Jodie Argubright

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Thank you. I am not too worried about travel, I just want to be able to trust them and not have to pay for the high rise office, coffee, bottled juices, etc.

Margaret Treat

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Jodi,

I have a friend that completed her Psychology doctorate and started her business when I started mine. She used to work in the criminal justice field and I am sure between she and her husband, who still works in the field, they are very careful to use someone safe and reliable. I was looking for someone and she gave me his information. I know he is in the Oregon City area, his name is Michael Sherman and his number is 503-657-9447. Again, I have not used him yet but I wanted to switch from my guy who is not in custody (bummer about your guy!) but offers me little direction.

I will either use Michael or hijack Laurie's girl from your thread:icon_mrgreen: I am close to the Tigard area so that would be mighty convenient.

Laurie E

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Sorry for delay in responding, gals. I've been (thankfully) really busy this week! I let my former accountant go, not because he wasn't doing a great job, but because he was just too darned expensive. You'd be shocked - I know I was!

So in starting over again I decided I'd like to give my business to a female-owned company and started conducting interviews. When I met with Graal I knew she was the one. She's not the least expensive (though I find her rates competitive) but she's extremely efficient, so that's where I save a lot of money. She also doesn't nickle and dime me. If I have a quick question, I pick up the phone or send her an email and there's never a charge for it. (The final straw with my former accountant was when he sent me a reminder notice I didn't ask him to send and he charged me for 10 minutes of his time PLUS 41 CENTS FOR THE STAMP! Hahahaha!)

Graal's number is 503-639-4142. Give her a call and see what you think.

-Laurie

Jodie Argubright

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Laurie,

Good to hear you're busy. I'm picking up it seems too. Thanks for the info. I will be giving her a call. Yeah my last accountant just seemed to have a big ole office in Clackamas, with a grand entry, coffee, juice, etc., etc. I just want my taxes done!!! Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be bad Karma to use an accountant that had to file bankrupcy...~Jodie

Laurie E

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
That part of your original post made me laugh out loud, Jodie. Who would have thought? Hahaha.

Graal's office is pleasant but certainly not posh. I recommend her without hesitation and I think you'll enjoy working with her. Let me know what you think!

Jodie Argubright

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
I guess that depends what your intentions are... I want to sleep sound and NOT to end up in the pokie... Does that answer your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks