• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Got Comps? The 64 Million Townhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli Weiss

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/Pricey.Town.House.2.658324.html

http://www.observer.com/2008/sale-no-vacancy-inside-emptying-manhattan-s-64-m-mansion

http://www.brownharrisstevens.com/detail.aspx?id=786661

Well, I have one that's under contract.......
http://www.brownharrisstevens.com/detail.aspx?id=607913

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
Remarkable

Not worth a penny over $59M :icon_mrgreen: Actually, not my style. Might make for a good embassy for some rich emirate though. I'd rather get a PH at the top of the Time Warner Center and have a few bucks left over for fun.

Eli Weiss

Professional Status
State
New York
Not worth a penny over $59M

Claude, You might not even know it, but you just appraised that property, as an appraiser you have given your opinion, and you did it writing, I hope you have a $25 Mil. E&O policy, cuz that's about what I think it's worth, but I won't state an actual number, since my E&O covers only a mil. :rof:

David Wimpelberg

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
Claude, You might not even know it, but you just appraised that property, as an appraiser you have given your opinion, and you did it writing, I hope you have a $25 Mil. E&O policy, cuz that's about what I think it's worth, but I won't state an actual number, since my E&O covers only a mil. :rof:

Read the answer to the last question on the October 2007 USPAP Q&A, which deals with having no client.:)

I don't know Manhattan at all. That underlying land value must be insane. You can reproduce a home like that on any (nonsubdivisible) oceanfront lot in the estate areas of East Hampton or Southampton for a whole lot less.

If I had that kind of money I'd have my own private island in the Exhumas, complete with rum plantation, and you'd never hear from me again.:)

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I don't know Manhattan at all. That underlying land value must be insane.

Being on the left coast I have no idea either.
It's very high, but location location location. :shrug:

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
I hope the buyer isn't going for 90% financing.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York

Nice try Grasshopper, I'm starting to like your humor :icon_mrgreen:

If I had that kind of money I'd have my own private island in the Exhumas, complete with rum plantation, and you'd never hear from me again.
NIce....I expect a couple of bottles of the good stuff Mon!

KenRossman

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
At 18,500 sf thats $3,459 per sf GLA.

Sold 9/03 for $7,600,000 with a 5/07 LLC paper transfer? of $20,000,000

$64,000,000 ????

yikes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks