• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Gotta love the thoroughness of this underwriter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liznindy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
I just received a call from the client stating the underwriter wants the appraiser to "correct" the room count stated in the report as she counts 8 rooms instead of 9......I am guessing the underwriter looked at the sketch exhibit and counted the rooms?!! (Wish all underwriters were this thorough...especially when it comes to reading comments!!).

I looked over the report and still counted 9, (could even be 10 if you wanted to count the very large recreation room as two rooms).

OK, maybe it is the labels I put on the rooms which led to the confusion in room count..but this is a new underwriter request for me!

I wrote an addendum stating the reasoning for my room count of 9 and a remark, "Though the underwriter may interpret the room count of the subject to be 8 rooms, the difference in interpretation of the number of rooms provided by the subject residence is irrelevant to the opinion of value stated in the report."

Hope that remark doesn't sound too :roll:

Now I may move on to more pressing matters.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Time to do the laundry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks