• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Govt Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Schwartz

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
How does the Govt shutdown affect VA Appraisers ...Will work continue to come in?

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
How does the Govt shutdown affect VA Appraisers ...Will work continue to come in?

In the 2013 shutdown, VA loans continued.

https://www.veteransunited.com/valoans/government-shutdown-impact-VA-home-loans/

Borrowers who are applying for an FHA or VA mortgage could run into delay if workers from those departments are sent home, and there's no one available to process the loan.

However, according to this source: https://www.navytimes.com/veterans/...-shutdown-better-than-most-other-departments/

As a result, most of the department’s 377,000-plus employees won’t be affected by a partial shutdown. VA officials said only a small number of Veterans Health Administration workers will be temporarily sent home, and none of them deal directly with patient care.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
ive been so dead i wouldnt even notice if the VA workers were sent home.

Ron Schwartz

Professional Status
State
Florida
I read the 2013 article before but was curious if a newer one has been issued.....
It is scary how slow it is right now...

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
How about FHA case numbers?

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Depends on what agencies are stopped first. But I think the case numbers were affected in 2013, because Obama sought to shut down the agencies with the most public faces and hurt citizens worst so they would pressure congress to act.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Don't think it will effect FHA case numbers they are computer generated.

GA Benny

Professional Status
State
Georgia
HUD employees are being sent home after completing shutdown protocols.

However, in shutdowns past, VA remained opened, or at least partially, to maintain operations.

Pittsburgh Pete

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Depends on what agencies are stopped first. But I think the case numbers were affected in 2013, because Obama sought to shut down the agencies with the most public faces and hurt citizens worst so they would pressure congress to act.
where's hypocrite MichCG--shouldn't someone be taken to task for making this thread political. won't hold my breath as the double standard was invented by CG :rof::rof::eyecrazy:

A Brit in California

Professional Status
State
California
ive been so dead i wouldnt even notice if the VA workers were sent home.
Same here. Hardly any VA work over the past month. In 2013 I definitely noticed a stop in orders with the shutdown. Everyone here and on the Facebook VA blog are saying the shutdown will not affect the VA appraisal requests. I disagree but hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks