• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Great appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Okay had to bragg about getting this one.

Subject 1060 SF 1 car garage 1980 no remodeling/updating other than general maintenace.

Comp 1: House next door sold 2 weeks ago for $170K clone of the subject but has new kitchen, new interior/exterior doors and new floor covering.

Comp 2: 3 houses west. sold 1 month ago for $165K the garage was convereted into living space and no remodeling/updating.

Comp 3: 3 houses east across street sold 2 months ago for $163K. Garage was converted added a 2 car carport is a corner lot on an arterial and no remodeling/updating.

Comp 4: 5 blocks away sold for $158K 100 sf smaller sold 2 months ago. 1 car garage.

All built in 1980 same year as subject.

Total time spent about 4 hours mostly confirming the no remodeling on sales 2, 3, and 4. Confirmed comp 1's remodeling.

Just had to say wow don't get these very often. Now to work on the 3,000 sf house on 2 acres with a view built in the 1960's.

Ryan

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
So you're going to let us know when you get the call wanting to know why you didn't appraise it for $200,000+.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
State
Kansas
Lee Ann said my post was mean. I was just saying what happens to me.

Verne Hebert

Professional Status
State
Montana
Your right. This one warrants celebration.

Charter a jet and bring everybody in for pizza and pitchers.

Tater Salad

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Somebody must have messed up--that order should have been a 2075 with an AVM :lol: :(

Will I ever see one like that again . . .

wyecoyote

Professional Status
State
Washington
ksappraiser,

Don't worry bout lee ann she is mean :lol: (JK Lee Ann).

Verne,

If I really did get 1 or 2 of those a day it would be no problem. Usually just the odd ball stuff that takes 5-8 hours on average. Course I am still working on one that I have had on my desk for a week now. Told the LO you will get it when it is done.

Calotz,

No doubt some day they may be done by AVM's. But really wonder if that AVM would have taken into account the remodeling of the house next door??

Tater Salad

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Ryan--

You're right! That's what is wrong with AVM's, for sure. I was joking ( :lol: ) as it seems that all those assignments go to AVM's anymore while we get the land-locked, 1 room log-berm-split with the rented mobil home at the rear of the lot by the mini-farm with the cell tower that has a 99 year lease that "has gotta be worth at least $1M because it's gonna be commercial someday."

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I had one of those yesterday. It ended up only needing three comps, one of which is located three houses down on the same street. Came in about $4,000 higher than the owner thought.

Lordy, a cookie-cutter now and then is good for the old appraiser's soul.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
State
Washington
calotz,

Don't forget to give them credit for the 9,000 SF addition that they will be putting in someday.

Richard,

It is nice to get a cookie cutter once in awhile. Though to me it seems like I can not remember the last time I did a three comp report. I think I included 4 on this one just because the report seems naked without the extra comps and additional write up.

Ryan

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
When Judy started proofing the report, her first comments were "Are there only 3 comps?" A 3-comp report looks naked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks