• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Green Home-new Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Good Afternoon-
Hey AF-wanted to see if anyone out there was familiar with these "Green Homes" and is there any special qualifications an appraiser would need or should have other than prior inspections or taking a CE class on it for one of them to accept an assignment?
Accepted an assignment from a lender-Proposed Construction-this thing is to look similar to one of those Frank Lloyd Wright type of design homes with the flat roof and green home upgrades inside, but there has been so much limited information to research prior to acceptance and now the dilemma of absolutely NO builder sales whatsoever.
I have some possible sales through another builder-but feel the fee for this assignment is not appropriate for the amount of work involved. Tempted to just stop research and have them reassign this "Turd"... lol!!

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
State
Texas
This is part of the plans and specs.. it has green home features that are being placed in it, but according tot he builder-not a TOTAL green home, whatever the Heck that is supposed to mean??!

Attachments

• Green Home.pdf
    607.3 KB · Views: 12

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
State
Texas
IDK.. this business is wearing me out!!
just no fun anymore!

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Good Afternoon-
Hey AF-wanted to see if anyone out there was familiar with these "Green Homes" and is there any special qualifications an appraiser would need or should have other than prior inspections or taking a CE class on it for one of them to accept an assignment?
Accepted an assignment from a lender-Proposed Construction-this thing is to look similar to one of those Frank Lloyd Wright type of design homes with the flat roof and green home upgrades inside, but there has been so much limited information to research prior to acceptance and now the dilemma of absolutely NO builder sales whatsoever.
I have some possible sales through another builder-but feel the fee for this assignment is not appropriate for the amount of work involved. Tempted to just stop research and have them reassign this "Turd"... lol!!
The fact that you are asking these questions indicates (IMO) that you are best off walking away from this one

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
State
Texas
Hey timd354, what is IMO?

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
State
Texas
Trust me.. my level of competency for this assignment is very concerning.. I have already put that thought into place

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
State
Texas
And of course, let's not forget the fee I feel is "SPIT"..nothing new there since they are just seeking a "Number-Hitter" most likely..
very frustrating..

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Trust me.. my level of competency for this assignment is very concerning.. I have already put that thought into place
Then you definitely should walk away from this one

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
State
Texas
Yeah.. figured it out.. sorry, been a long day! LOL!!
The competency in question is due to the lack of info I am receiving from all parties.. I'm confident with mine own.. everyone else is no help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks