• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

GSE reform in the news

Tawfik Ahdab

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oregon

Right now, the companies are only allowed to retain a combined $6 billion in capital despite owning or guaranteeing $5.5 trillion of mortgages.
“I will tell you as a safety-and-soundness regulator, when I look at a $3 trillion institution that is leveraged 1,000 to 1, it keeps me up at night,” Federal Housing Finance Agency Director Mark Calabria, the companies’ regulator, told the committee.
“If we do nothing, this is going to end very badly,” he added.”

Appraisal waivers, anyone?

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Here's the plan: Fed should cut rates "to ZERO or less", so US can refinance debt and lengthen maturities.

Bert Craytor

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
As a moderate Republican, I hate to say, but we would be better off with an FDA/FBI like system for managing a core group of appraisers responsible for all auditing, government appraisals and appraisals of complex properties. I think much of this work could be subcontracted out, so that federal appraisers could in many cases work in the role of supervisors. This would allow them to bring on trainees and pay them reasonable fees. Federal appraisers could in turn go back into the private sector to work as subcontractors for the government or for enterprise.

The way things are now, supervisors mistreat and misuse trainees, and the trainees that make it though the system are not exactly the most independent thinkers.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks