• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Had to post this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Slaman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Nevada
I never really post here but do use this site for alot of good information but today earns a nod. I got a call from my client saying the underwriter wants me to change the effective date of the appraisal. So I said sure, for another 350 bucks we can do that. Well of course we k ow what the answer to that was. I then get a call an hour later from the same client sayhing that the underwriter is claiming this is a condo. I suggested she try LOOKING AT THE PICTURES. Apparently this underwriter thinks a check in the PUD means condo. How do you get these underwriter jobs I am thinking of putting my five year old to work and am looking for something he is qualified for.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
They are looking for something to kill the deal with..nothing new.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Seriously, how could someone tell it's a PUD by looking at the pictures?

TC

Thomas Fiehler

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Nathan-I feel your pain. Also, I believe the 5 year old is over qualified for that position.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
What evidence do you have that proves that the Subject is not under condominium ownership?

Just the opposite, what information does the underwriter have that says the ownership is condo?

Nathan Slaman

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Nevada
Looking at the pictures would have shown the property to be a HOUSE. One year old cookiee cutter home. No-brainer but then again!!!!!

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Looking at the pictures would have shown the property to be a HOUSE. One year old cookiee cutter home. No-brainer but then again!!!!!
Houses can be owned as condominiums too. The picture demonstrates nothing about how the property is owned.

paragonrea

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Yes, a 5 year old is over qualified, however, in defense I have done detached "single-family" homes that had condominium ownership. I cannot believe that I defended an underwriter. Please :new_2gunsfiring_v1: me.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
What evidence do you have that proves that the Subject is not under condominium ownership?

Just the opposite, what information does the underwriter have that says the ownership is condo?

scan the deed and send it in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks