• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hand Sanitizer - Bacterial Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I didn't resist alcohol until I was about 30, then I cut back
Yep, there is a time we might rethink alcohol consumption...I was about 28 then.

I kind of like it better than the goop.
I have a small bottle. The expiration date was 2013. How does alcohol gel expire?

It is true that if exposed long enough you will likely find a bacteria that is resistant to alcohol. I have never heard of it. As for virus??? I am not sure how that works since they are not actually living things. They react with your cell biology. So I've never understood the idea of using a gel to avoid getting a virus. Is there a microbiologist in the house?

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
From what I have heard as an interested observer, this particular virus is not a tough nut. Its "envelope" is easily breached with soap and water or alcohol. Some others are hard shell, so to speak.

The gel is just a carrier. When we had nothing else, I just sprayed straight alcohol on surfaces but that obv would not work well on your hands when you get back in your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks