• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Has anybody met with their Congressman

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonGalt

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I met with my congressperson (D), she listened, looked concerned, promised to talk to Barney Frank about it. She agreed about the importance of appraiser independence and appeared shocked at what I told her about how AMC's function. I also handed her a 2-sheet list of issues regarding HVCC and my information. She said she would call me if she needed anything else. That was Memorial Day and I haven't heard from her, I guess she has it under control.

Why hasn't everyone on this board taken an hour to talk with their elected representative about this?

Maveric33

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Why doesn't "somebody" think about calling for a regional meeting of appraisers?

A half-day seminar in the LA or O.C. area probably would draw hundreds/thousands of interested professionals . . . kinda like a rave . . .

acuara

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
I met with Phil Paule, one of Congressman Issas' staff to discuss the agreement (Home Valuation Code of Conduct)with Fanne Mae/Mac & the OFHEO. Have you??? http://www.appraisalpress.com/news/articles/over_31000_rally_behind_anti_hvcc_campaign/
My Congressman, David Drier R, California, and I have been carrying on a correspondence for almost the past two years over all the stuff that has been happening. I was one of the first to figure out the source of the scam (Moody's. S&P et al) and forwarded my info onto him. We received a hand-signed letter from the Assistant Director of Investigations of the SEC. He has always been a friend of the Small Businessman and of Professionalism in whatever the career is. he is aware of HVCC and is opposed to it. He was one of the sponsors of H.R. 3915 which should have been passed as originally written. I have his yard sign in my front yard and I hope that he is elected. his opponent wants to implement HVCC because she feels that all appraisers are crooks. So who appraised her house recently?

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I think the messages I left must have gotten lost between and/or behind all the lending and AMC lobbyists. But I'm sure someone will get back to me though.

acuara

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
yes. both are the same subject. they want it all and they don't share. the only thing they want from us is our servitude because we have allowed ourselves to be viewed as a commodity and not a profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks