• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Has anyone taken the test yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conservative in Virginia

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I am all set to take the test to upgrade to certified. Have sent paper work with hours..samples and all that in and approved. Has anyone taken the new and improved test yet? Do you think the bugs are worked out? Is it nasty hard?

SMF

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
I took it last week, and it is both nasty and hard. be sure to study every term and its definition from the appraisal institutes dictionary. there are several terms used that only AI has the definitions. there is no eating or drinking during the test you are only able to go to the bathroom and that is it for 6 hours. I thought the US banned torchure but obviously not totally our proctor slept for over 5 hours of it and he was a real snorer.

Good Luck.

Conservative in Virginia

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
good golly.. It took 6 hours... I have been using the Dearborn REal Estate Ecucation CD Q and A to help study. I get most bogged down in the income approach. Where do I get the AI information you talked about. Thank you for your help

Ad Wizard

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
damn glad I took the test in December. 6 hours? f that.

I have the dictionary on my computer and I'm willing to wager that it was for free. Look around before shelling out $85.

scottsrs

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
I just took the VA certified test on Friday, it was difficult and it took me over 4 hours! This was my second attempt, I first tried in Dec. and got a 70 without really studying that hard but that was the old test. This new test is 165 questions compared to 100 questions for the old test. I thought the new test was a lot different and had a lot more math than the first exam. Haven't got my results yet, PSI says the state will mail them to me in a few weeks.

danny delano

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Virginia
Weeks?

good Luck!! The computer doesn't tell you the score at the end of the exam anymore?

Aaron S. Martin

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Results

I took the exam February 2 and received my passing certificate today.
I sat for the full 6 hours. One thing they do not tell you that you can study during your break. Take all of your books.

Conservative in Virginia

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I took the exam February 2 and received my passing certificate today.
I sat for the full 6 hours. One thing they do not tell you that you can study during your break. Take all of your books.

I find it hard to believe they let you study during break...this means you can look up questions you are unsure of??? tell me more:Eyecrazy:

Annelle

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Personally I think it better to concentrate on relaxing. You'd be surprised how much that helps.

Studying between is fine, but they don't let you go back to the previous questions. Compromise... spend 10 minutes to refresh at the beginning if you must, the rest to relax, relax, relax. Memory works better that way. And good luck! I don't care what anyone says.. it is a major accomplishment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks