• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Has the manufactured home ever been moved from its original site?

Vermonter

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Vermont
As always in this industry ... location, location, location

Yes there's a town in my area where one farmer moves all the manufactured homes he pulls off of other parcels. He has a whole moving crew and honestly more professionally done than most of the big installers do for new MHs. I'd say better than half the MH sales in that area have been moved from the original site. 2 local banks will loan on them and the farmer also does owner financing (at like 8%).

I do about one a month and have plenty of comps. Go 10 miles in any direction and there's none.

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Maryland
Why would it matter if it has been moved? Will they not loan on it? And why? Anyone know?
I suppose worried if they foreclose and people move the home? But what would prior moves mean? Perhaps someone else moved it when it was being foreclosed on and they are worried about priors with claims on it?

Vermonter

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Vermont
I was under the impression it was more about damage during moving. Most certified installers will not move an already sited MH, so a moved one will have a lot of unknowns....not that the installers are much better. Just have the credentials I guess.

Entirely possible it's about possible prior liens tho.

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Maryland
I was under the impression it was more about damage during moving. Most certified installers will not move an already sited MH, so a moved one will have a lot of unknowns....not that the installers are much better. Just have the credentials I guess.

Entirely possible it's about possible prior liens tho.
Disclaimer it was just an offshoot guess as I am not a lender. Your explanation makes more sense.

sputnam

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Dear Client,

My appraisal is made as is and as of the effective date of the appraisal. What happened with the property prior to the effective date is none of my business and is not detailed in any database that is available to the appraiser. The appraisal as been based on the condition of the improvements at the time of the appraiser's site visit. Any evidence of damage has been reported.

Thank you for playing.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks