• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Have fees increased with gas price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger12

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
I have been back in the Army for almost 3 years and will be leaving Afghanistan in 2 months. Gas prices have gone crazy since I left. Have the fees increased accordingly? If not, It'll be tough to properly look at comps and make a profit.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
Little to no fee increase for appraisals. Not only have fees not increased but the workload is in the basement probably less than half of what it was when you left. You'd be better off taking your bonus money and looking at another line of work.

GCJim

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
First of all Ranger, may God Bless you, and THANK YOU for your service! Get home safely!

GCJim

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Secondly (sorry, I fat-fingered the enter key by mistake above), I don't think appraisal fees have risen in the past 20-25 years..........maybe we can try to change that.......

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Secondly (sorry, I fat-fingered the enter key by mistake above), I don't think appraisal fees have risen in the past 20-25 years..........maybe we can try to change that.......

Actually, since about 1992.

Ranger,

As a 20 year Veteran of the U.S. Navy(Retired in 1974), God Bless, Thank You for your service, be safe, and come home soon. Things will change. We are in a down cycle right now. What goes down always goes back up.

I salute you!

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I have been back in the Army for almost 3 years and will be leaving Afghanistan in 2 months. Gas prices have gone crazy since I left. Have the fees increased accordingly? If not, It'll be tough to properly look at comps and make a profit.

Local Fees:
Went up $25 in 2000

When gas went over $3 per gallon fees bumped up another $10

Skippy under cuts us by charging $50 less, but they DON'T visit the comps and use all MLS photos in the reports!

Doug Trites

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Actually, since about 1992.

Ranger,

As a 20 year Veteran of the U.S. Navy(Retired in 1974), God Bless, Thank You for your service, be safe, and come home soon. Things will change. We are in a down cycle right now. What goes down always goes back up.

I salute you!

I am also a Navy vet and I appricate your service to us and the country.

Doug in NC

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Appraisers aren't affected by increasing gas prices, inflation, or other rising costs. Our ability to offset costs with technology innovations has allowed us to avoid any higher operating costs, thus keeping appraisal fees the same since the early 1990's.

Not. I raised some fees late last year and I hope to do it again this year. Everything else except home prices have increased in the past year, why not appraisal fees too. Oh yeah, that's right we still have a serious appraiser over-supply problem.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Ranger,

Welcome home and thanks for your service. It has been very difficult to raise fees around here because of intense competition from Skippy, and clients trying to keep borrower costs low. It sucks, but its still better than being a wally-world greeter.

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
The good news is the MC's are gonna raise their fees to their clients this year, probably $400.00 to $425.00, the bad news is your still gonna get $145.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks