• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Havin' A Lil' Fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
I guess age, experience, and just plain being a.......er, ah.....smart alec allows me to do this and have fun. Way back in the beginning, before appraisers were a necessary evil, I, like a lot of you begged for work, wined and dined the lenders, and was grateful for any crumb thrown my way. But that was then, and this is now....

At least once a week, I receive via fax a 3-5 page application package from some unknown lender, or such.

Here's today's:
"Please review the following and return IMMEDIATELY so we may consider you for placement on our approved appraiser list"

"The undersigned agrees to the following:"
not verbatum....
The customer for whom the appraisal is ordered is solely responsible for payment of the appraisal bill.....FOLLOWED BY 3 more paragraphs about this subject. We (the lender) will not be responsible for any trip charges, etc. etc. If the appraiser elects to use an overnight service, the appraiser is responsible for these costs. etc. ...........in other words, we won't this, that or the other. But, yes, typical verbage.

Our Response:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, we are not currently accepting new clients. However, we have added your name to our mailing list and will send you an application package in the Fall of 2003. If you would like to assemble required exhibits for your application package in advance, they are:
1) Copy of Business Licenses
2) 3 letters of recommendation from licensed appraisers
3) A sample order form which you use to order appraisals
4) Your web site address
5) A short synoposis of your understanding of USPAP
Thank you for your interest in our company.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Do any of you have anything else to add? ;)

Pine Tree

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maine
THAT is wonderful!

May I copy and paste? A 'net lender send me email this week saying they were putting me on their preferred appraiser list. Then that they would send me $100 for responding.. Wonder how they would respond to your request for documents?

things HAVE changed. My former employer told me I would never have enough work to live if I left him.. that was 10-11 yrs ago.. Guess who is no longer an appraiser? :rolleyes:
ROCK ON ! Wendy

Mike Simpson

I love it!!!

We're giving those that call the; "I'm sorry...we're not accepting any new clients at this time, we're just too far out and want to keep our current clientele happy." I'd like to add--call "Magic Numbers" down the street--they've got a stable of newbies to feed and would be only too happy to accomodate you...but I don't.

We just had the worst quarter in 16 years in the bond market...yet my fax's ringing off the hook w/orders, and we're still turning away multiple orders on a daily basis. There's a lot to be said for diversification.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks