• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hello from Humboldt, California!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonkprice

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
Hello fellow appraisers :). I just received my trainee's license so I thought I'd get in on some forums and check out what other appraisers talk about and perhaps ask what is the best way to get into the industry and start training. I'd love to get to know any and all of you so drop me a line and introduce yourself to me. Best wishes to all.

Brandon K. Price

redfish

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Well Brandon, have you had a chance to poke around?

Good luck with your training. Take your time and find a good mentor. One forum I would like to start for trainees is the "mentor rating forum". A trainee posts training examples and updates about the training from a mentor then experinced forum members could rate the mentor and help keep fact straight from fiction and help or advise if the mentor is leading the trainee down the path to appraisal glory or appraisal hell. There are appraisal methodology instructors and self proclaimed know it alls on here that would provide some good and bad feedback on the quality of training a future appraiser is getting.

Moderators what do you think?

Caligirl

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Brandon, where are you in Humboldt? I spent my adolescence in Arcata, biding my time until I could escape to college. It wasn't the most exciting place in the world. When I visit family there, the slower pace often feels like I'm in a time warp for a few days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks