• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hello from Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKoenigshof

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
Hello everyone! Just stumbled across this site today while looking for a list of non-disclosure states. And I have to say that I'm glad I found it. It looks like this will be a powerful resource to come to when I have a problem and just want to talk to appraisers around the country. I'm an Associate Appraiser in Minnesota. I just recently took my Licensed Residential/Trainee exam and sent all my info into the state for approval. It'll be nice to start accumulating some hours. My appraisal passion is for the world of Agriculture. I've been involved with just about every aspect of it including; Grain, cattle, horses, bison, hogs, and bees. There's just nothing else like it.

What is everyone's speciality? Are there many other Ag appraisers about?

ledger

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wyoming
I am an ag appraiser in Wyoming - not much grain - lots of cattle and sheep, coal and methane gas. I am fairly new to this site also. I have spent hours reading the posts. There's not much about ag appraisals here but lots of other good information about what is good and bad, allowed and not allowed. I asked the same question when I got on and only had one response from Farm Guy. Nice to look at things from someone else's perspective and insight. Welcome and good luck.

Flygirl 152

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Just wanted to say "hi" and welcome. I was born and raised in Minneapolis, but moved to California due to a job transfer in 1987. Every time I go home to visit my family, I'm blown away with how everything has changed!

This is indeed a great place to solicit opinions and ideas from other appraisers. There are some brilliant minds here, and some very nice folks. I have always appreciated hearing the different strategies folks take to handle complex and not so complex situations. And quite frankly, some of the humor here has had me falling off my chair while laughing!

Glad to have you aboard.
Deb

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Welcome to the forum! I haven't noticed many Ag appraisers here but maybe some will show up!

Feel free to contact me if I can help you in any way.

Ken Youngkrantz

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Hi and welcome to the forum. I was raised on a farm in west central Minnesota (southeast of Wilmar). I moved to California in 2000, had been living in Iowa. If I wasn't so old I would love to learn Ag appraising.

Viking

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Minnesota
I grew up on a farm in Iowa and moved to the Twin Cities 25 years ago. I know ag and appraisal but not specifically ag appraisal. The search function at the top of the page is usefull to find specific information. You have to use more than 2 letters in your search. I'm not sure what the demand is for ag appraisers, and it might be difficult to gain experience, especially at the trainee level. Welcome to the forum.

JKoenigshof

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
Yeah, the demand is great if you know where to look. Luckily I was able to get into a company that specializes in Agricultural properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks