• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hello, from needy Homeputer user

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbell

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Kentucky
Hello everyone,
I'm new at this forum "stuff". I am a Certified Residential Appraiser in Kentucky. I have been licensed since 1999. I have always used Homeputer, now attempting to learn to e-mail appraisals. I have everything figured out except how to compress files (they are ranging from 27-35MB). I contacted Homeputer and of course for a small fee they would be happy to help. I purchased the new version a year ago and have yet to e-mail an appraisal-part my fault ,part program issues. Is there anyone out there that can give me any advice on how to make this work???

dobie

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Hello everyone,
I'm new at this forum "stuff". I am a Certified Residential Appraiser in Kentucky. I have been licensed since 1999. I have always used Homeputer, now attempting to learn to e-mail appraisals. I have everything figured out except how to compress files (they are ranging from 27-35MB). I contacted Homeputer and of course for a small fee they would be happy to help. I purchased the new version a year ago and have yet to e-mail an appraisal-part my fault ,part program issues. Is there anyone out there that can give me any advice on how to make this work???

Sorry I don't know anything about Homeputer but the large file size is probably because your photo files are very large. You might try making an adjustment on your camera to make those files smaller. That's where I would start. Also, are you printing these reports to PDF?

hglenbetts

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Welcome aboard

I've seen that the biggest hogs in the reports are the different photos and JPG attachments in the report.

Make sure your shooting your photos at the lowest resolution possible to still offer a clear shot. My typical report has at least 20 shots in it these days (document everything) and that's a lot of space.

That's just one suggestion, I'm sure the friendly, helpful brothers and sisters here will have many more for you.:flowers:

jbell

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Kentucky
Thank you very much for your response. I am printing them in a PDF format. I am so "computer challenged" that I put my license in escrow for a year because of the fear of learning to e-mail....these issues are not helping me. I will try to find a "Help" screen in the Homeputer program...if they don't charge for that,(ha,ha,ha). I'm really trying to catch up with the times, but I'm just a simple country girl who likes delivering her reports, sometimes with homemade cookies attached (not computer stuff).

LordofTexas

Professional Status
State
Texas
.. but I'm just a simple country girl who likes delivering her reports, sometimes with homemade cookies attached (not computer stuff).

I tried the baked good thing, but every time I came back they were being used as paper weights or building material.

jbell

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Kentucky
But if they smelled like cookies..you could have come up with something new....scented paperweights or a true "gingerbread" house. Have a great day.:flowers:

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Hi Jbell,

Welcome to the AF. How are you saving your photo files? It is difficult to resolve computer problems via postings, but if you want to PM me maybe we can hook up on the phone. I help my father with his computer issues over the phone and he is the most computer challenged person you'd ever want to meet.:)

Silverfrizz

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
Software?

The three appraisal software products that I use all have options to minimize/optimize the photos within the report. What software are you using? I may be able to help you, although I am still just a trainee.

realbiz

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
The three appraisal software products that I use all have options to minimize/optimize the photos within the report. What software are you using? I may be able to help you, although I am still just a trainee.

Welcome, like Silver said my software has options in the image section to adjust photo's. Therefore you do not have to adjust your camera. I do not use your software, so I am of little help. However, I suggest you try to post this question in the Techinical-Hardware/Software section of this form, you may get more help with your software. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks