• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

HELP! - Disappearing Room Counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Athena software.

I write the PDF to Adobe and the file is locked with my signature in Athena, secured in Adobe and sent through my regular e-mail. I have it in my computer and print from the .pdf file that I sent. All looks good here.

Client receives the appraisal. The room total fields are blank!!! Even on the comps.

I'm checking the whole things since the processor faxed me a copy of what they received.

Anyone have any idea what's happening???? I'm calling alamode too.

airphoto

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Pam,

Load up your regular copy of Adobe Reader and load the file you'd sent .. room counts missing? In other words, did the change occur after you'd sent .. or in the process of creating the file?

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Additional information:

The locked/secured PDF file is just fine for all the other people at the lender that received it. LO and UW download is just fine. Just the processor is having this trouble with a CHANGED PDF file.

My thoughts now are not good at all. Is it possible that this lender, when the processor gets the email with the PDF, is running it through a program to extract the information for an AVM and that program is what deleted the room counts???? So far, this is all I can think of that could possibly cause this!!!

airphoto

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Pam,

Have to agree .. odor of rodent, as it were!

Roger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
I have had several cases of disappearing comments when printing to the .pdf file using Athena. It is not all the comments, just the last line.

They show up on the screen, they print on my legal size paper hard copy, but do not show up on the .pdf file.

It seems to be most noticeable on the 2055 form.

It also seems to me to be in the Athena Program.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Roger,

My PDF file printout is just fine. All the other 3 reciepients printed out just fine will everything in tact.

Seems to be just the one that the processor gets. Having this small portion within a PDF report dissappear is too strange!

A

Anonymous

go to a la modes tech support site. there is a fix there for your problem.

jtrotta

Pam;

this sounds very interesting and from what your describing, would have to agree with Airphoto here; maybe mousetraps are required :lol:

Sounding like it's almost time to hire someone with real creative
talent 8O perhaps the software developers are working for the "Banks"
now that they have everyone using their stuff 8O 8O

Oh my, the slithering, sleething little things are leaking out of my computer now, their nibbling at my feet; their munching their way up my legs; oh my they just went up my :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - oh no they just ran into all their friends and it's party time :lol: :lol: :lol:

8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks