• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Help! I'm can't keep this up by myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
"Comp Checks" aren't illegal. I just don't work for free.

Dean

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Donn, there is no educating these people, seriously. As long as you have appraisers who do what they are asking, (and as we know, there are many) they will never understand the ones that dont.
Dont waste your time, life is too short. Instead, work for people who do want to pay for your opinion.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I've tried to get them to listen to reason for years now. Many there are a lost cause, a FEW finally caught on.

Caligirl

Professional Status
State
California
This post caught my eye:

2ND, VERY RARELY DO APPRAISERS USE THE "COST APPROACH" FOR APPRAISALS, IT REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A BRAIN AND IS ACTUALLY MORE ACCURATE BUT HARDER TO DETERMINE VALUE.

I'd like to see Santora over there. :rof: Seriously, where are they getting this stuff?

I second the post by 'Dean' above. What's the point? They don't believe what you're telling them, they don't know regulations, they aren't required to know USPAP, and they aren't about to verify for themselves anything they've been told.

hovious

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
This is just too much fun. I never realized just how clueless these "Loan Officers" are. I bet there is not a college degree in the bunch, but they all try to tell us how to be an Appraiser. truly amazing.

hovious

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
This is just too much fun. I never realized just how clueless these "Loan Officers" are. I bet there is not a college degree in the bunch, but they all try to tell us how to be an Appraiser. truly amazing.

You are SO right Tom. I cannot keep up with all of the incoming replies to all of these threads (both here and over at the BO). This is fun though!

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I bet there is not a college degree in the bunch
unfortunately I suspect a high percentage of them have a degree and some might even have an MBA...sad. BTW, someone posted their favorite appraisers email...ha ha...why not forward that to the state?

Sheikh Yerbouti

Professional Status
State
Arizona
unfortunately I suspect a high percentage of them have a degree and some might even have an MBA...sad.

Probably from Arizona State! :rof::rof:

I know I've seen some of these d-bags trolling for cougars in downtown Scottsdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks