• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Help Needed For Floodmaps On Cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durano Joe

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
I'm a fairly new user of ACI and FEMA sent me their flood maps for my area on a CD instead of paper. Does anyone use the CD??
All I can print is a small corner and not the area I need.
Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce coming
New Mexico

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Bruce, I don't use ACI's, but Interflood. Just want to tell you...Don't throw your paper maps away! I had to dig through mine yesterday. It seems the program I subscribed to and pay dearly for doesn't have a map for a 15 year old subdivision. I called tech support and they said that map wasn't available. But, there it was on my old wrinkled up paper map!

dbiggers

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
Charlotte --

Can you post (or email me) the address you were trying so I can see what's up? Our flood map provider (FloodSource) has all 114,000 FEMA maps (even FEMA doesn't have all their own maps digitally), so if there's a "hole", it's probably a lookup bug, not a missing map file.

Dave Biggers
CEO
a la mode, inc.

dbiggers

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
BTW, as it turned out, it was a bug in the lookup table. Our partner has the map indeed (they have 100% of the maps online), but for some reason it was trying to pull it from the wrong area and got confused. They've got your subject address and are fixing the error.

Dave Biggers
CEO
a la mode, inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks