• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Got a lady on the way over here with her lawyer WANTS TO SEE it in writting where I can not give her a copy of the Appraisal that SHE PAID FOR I know it is in USPAP & am LOOKING but hoped someone would give me EXACT SPOT MAYBE this will be FASTER Will continue to look while waiting for a reply THANKS

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
page 2, line 66 USPAP 2003

Page 8, Line 304 to 324 USPAP 2003

liznindy

Professional Status
State
Indiana
If the lender is your client...chalk the reasoning up to Confidentiality Section of the Ethics Rule.....Look at Statement on Appraisal Standards No. 5 (SMT-5)

To quote a portion:

" An appraiser must not disclose confidential information or assignment results prepared for a client to anyone other than: 1) the client and persons specifically authorize by the client; 2) state enforcement agencies and such third parties as may be authorized by due process of law; and 3) a duly authorized professional peer review committee. ...."

Look under the Ethics Rule at the front of USPAP book.

larryhaskell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
Why don't you call your client and respectfully ask them to take care of their borrower. It is not your problem.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Larry,

Wanna bet the LO deflected the borrower off of him to the stupid appraiser. Ya, thats it, the appraiser just ruined the customers life!

ha ha

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Make sure the attorney sees the cover--Appraisal Standards Board by the Appraisal Foundatuion--Authorized by Congress as the Source of Appraisal Standards and Appraiser Qualifications. That Congress comment kinda slows an attorney or borrower down.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Thank U guys so much Lawyers answer is SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED BY THE CLIENT. Y not just call the client get permission to give her a copy. So no matter what USPAP says just ask client & get the OK that way Client doesn't have to deal with Irrate customer BETTER YET JUST GET VALUE NEEDED then no IRRATE customer (Intened to add humor HYPOTHITICAL said only in jest by Irrate Appraiser)

Austin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Lawyers don't care what the law says. Their job is to circumvent the law and the intent of the law. If people went by the law what would we need lawyers for. I just saw one run down the street when he saw me because he owes me $300. That keeps them at bay.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
Just in case the lawyer doesn't buy the USPAP argument, there is probably also a state law on the books in Arizona that stipulates that it is the lender's responsibility to distribute the report to the borrower. I know that California has such a law. When you find it, copy it and send it off to the lawyer. That'll shut them up.

George Hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks