• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I know someone had this posted before, but in the grid, we need to show 2F2H for 2full baths, 2 half baths and it will only take numbers. I know there is a way to turn that off but can't find it!!!!! Thanks!

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
I can't find the thread where this was discussed??

If you press "f6" before your entry, it will allow you to enter a mix of numbers, letters and symbols. However, I've heard from others that when the report is closed and re-opened, the entry is all numbers or blank. I haven't had a problem with it, though.

Good luck!

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Ms. Jetson,

We have such a mixed bag of marbles here, that it is not uncommon to have 4 full and three halves, etc. The easiest way to work within the Alamode form is to just say 2.1 for 2 1/2 baths, 2.2 for 2 full and 2 halves, 3.2 for 3 full and two halves, etc, etc. Underwriters understand this concept and I never get questioned. Just stay consistant and it works really well. Of course, you have the right to do it how ever you want. :D

P.S. I know your name is not Jetson, but I have always remembered you by your avatar. :)

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I, also, used to put "yes" in the car storage line, but then I realized that it transferred to the market grid. So, now I always put "2 car" or "3 car" or whatever on the line next to car storage.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
Thank you - I guess we all get used to the way we type things and all of our little "routines" in preparing our reports. Today I had to buy a new copy machine and it feeds the paper differently and is slower than the old one. I almost couldn't put my report together!

But, we did disable the all number thingy and got the report done. Your method seems to make sense, though. It was easy enough for me to understand.

And I like my Judy Jetson Avatar as well......the picture seemed to suit me and at least the first name was the same! :rolleyes:

Carol

Sophomore Member
Glad you worked it out. For those of us that want to type other than numbers in these fields, here is how to do it.

Right click while in the field you are in and want to type a combination of letters and numbers; when pop up appears select "Field Format" and click; from the new selection of options, uncheck "numbers only"; click OK.

Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks