• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Henry Harrison email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I just got an email update notice from HH that says fannie and freddie have signed an agreement that they will not buy loans with appraisals from in-house staff appraisers or appraisers working for AMCs...in New York. HH projects that this will be nationwide before long.

NO APPRAISALS FROM AMCs? Sounds to me like the war is ending and peace will be coming to America. I hope none of you have stock in an AMC and that should also include Zaio with its predetermined values.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Check out "breaking on CNBC"

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Yes, there is a God!

Mike Shapiro

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Don't think that's right, but could be mistaken. Wont buy appraisals from AMC's that are more than 20% lender owned sounds more like it.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Don't think that's right, but could be mistaken. Wont buy appraisals from AMC's that are more than 20% lender owned sounds more like it.

I'm just going by what Henry said..........limited to New York for now because of the Cuomo lawsuit. Henry says that will spread nationwide.

Bigrock

Professional Status
State
Georgia
I thought that was strange as well...
Where did Henry get his facts of AMC's????

Dan/Fla

Professional Status
State
Florida
I was reading on appraisal Snoop that the "ASA plans to take advantage of the 90-day comment period outlined in the agreement to point out areas of concern"

My question is where do we comment?

either we each need to comment and give our 2 cents, or maybe get a lets come up with a fee good ideas here. Maybe 2 different threads so we do not confuse each other 1 thread to post ideas and a second thread designed to comment on the proposals seen on the other thread. The problem I have when I see number of good ideas on any subject is these ideas get lost in all the comment on these ideas so we miss some of the idea presented.

This may be our 1 any only chance for the little small appraiser shop has a chance to get what we want it is not the time to blow it.

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
State
Colorado
".....this will be nationwide before long."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hmmmm, 50 states and the implied logic that the spread across the land can only occur one-state-at-a-time. If that spread is the same as the states' taking action toward the registration/licensure of MB's....then CO will be 49th on that list.

I wonder if we can get a feel for CO's thoughts and comments on the HVCC document that accompanied the recent press announcement from NY's AG ?.....when an official with our Div. of RE speaks to our local association on the 19th. Maybe our Asst. AG could be a third speaker for us that night.

Be careful what you wish for. The more things change.....the more they stay the same.....and a popular theme of the current political campaign is "change". Others sometimes say "Don't fix it if it isn't broken". Are we sure things are "broken" ? Do we have actual proof that things are broken ? Has anything been shown to the American people yet that is the equivolent of an alien spacecraft secured in some hangar in Area 51 ? What would Congress do.....if Congress could impliment only positive changes to "fix" a broken system ? What the definition of "positive" ? How can change be implimented in a manner whereby the "good guys" actually gain in favor and selection....and the "bad guys" find themselves truly on the outside....looking in ?

Oh, what interesting times we live in.

rescom

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
I just got an email update notice from HH that says fannie and freddie have signed an agreement that they will not buy loans with appraisals from in-house staff appraisers or appraisers working for AMCs...in New York. HH projects that this will be nationwide before long.

NO APPRAISALS FROM AMCs? Sounds to me like the war is ending and peace will be coming to America. I hope none of you have stock in an AMC and that should also include Zaio with its predetermined values.

I think he means lender-owned AMCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks