• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Here Is One For The Conspiracy Theorists And I-told-you-so Posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
i wasn't there but yesterday the local chapter of the NSREA had their annual meeting and the guest speaker was richard hagar. apparently he told the several hundred appraisers in attendance that in addition to all the reports FNMA has received via CU they are also manually adding in all the data from pre-CU reports dating back to 2004 to build up their database even more...

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
and you have a point? Fannie has been aggregating data for 20 years if not more. How old is Fannie? Since then.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
and you have a point? Fannie has been aggregating data for 20 years if not more. How old is Fannie? Since then.

the point is the new programs fannie and freddie are rolling out with the provision of not needing an appraisal was contingent on them having a uad-compliant report, which limited them to the past 4.5 years. they are now working on extending that to 13 years, or a 3-fold increase.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
and did you hear that Fannie may be privatized in the next few months? Would a private entity not underwritten by the US mint be as reckless as Fannie has been historically? Certainly not at current interest rates. Only time will tell, but private money tends to be more careful than government money unless guaranteed by the government. Trump has personally experienced bankruptcy and understands that the government "safety net" is for the poor and destitute, not the too big to fail etc. MHO.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
and did you hear that Fannie may be privatized in the next few months? Would a private entity not underwritten by the US mint be as reckless as Fannie has been historically? Certainly not at current interest rates. Only time will tell, but private money tends to be more careful than government money unless guaranteed by the government. Trump has personally experienced bankruptcy and understands that the government "safety net" is for the poor and destitute, not the too big to fail etc. MHO.

and if my aunt had a package she would be my uncle. speculation is just that - what may or may not happen. it is not what is happening right now. if we speculate that it does go private and become the largest private business in the world (or one of them) and they take a turn for the worse you don't think the government is going to step in and save them? they have already proven they will take such action with the auto industry.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Fannie FNMA, -6.01% and Freddie FMCC, -7.95% were placed into federal conservatorship during the 2008 financial crisis, and in 2012, the Obama administration amended the terms of the 2008 agreement to sweep quarterly profits from the two enterprises, a move that’s been challenged in court by shareholders.

“We gotta get Fannie and Freddie out of government ownership,” Mnuchin told Fox News Wednesday morning. “It makes no sense that these are owned by the government and have been controlled by the government for as long as they have.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fa...ps-advisors-who-back-privatization-2016-11-10

Again new regs soon.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
and if my aunt had a package she would be my uncle. speculation is just that - what may or may not happen. it is not what is happening right now. if we speculate that it does go private and become the largest private business in the world (or one of them) and they take a turn for the worse you don't think the government is going to step in and save them? they have already proven they will take such action with the auto industry.

That Hagar fella must be as scary as Bela Lugosi. I've read his articles before, and he impresses me as much as Joan Trice. If you listen to Al Gore every day you would keep a life raft at hand for when the seas rise....

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Appraisers can't even agree on which UAD Quality and Condition class a house is now. Do you think that they are going to get consistent and useable data from pre-UAD reports?

Not to mention all of the square footage goofs that are in AMC's National Database right now.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Kind of funny that Fannie had all those appraisals, yet did not have the loan docs, and is why we had the robo-signing scandal. Someone should have asked Rich where Fannie had been keeping all those faxes and paper appraisals for so long. Sounds like a fire hazard to me.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Hagar the hack ... Maybe he will be placed in charge of the supportable adjustment team at Fannie Mae : ) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks