• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

High Pressure Gas Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I'm doing a proposed single wide for HUD. A high pressure gas line runs along the side of the 2 acre lot. Am I wrong to require a survey showing the improvements will be 10' outside the outer boundary of the gas line easement? The loan processor says "no one else asks for this. They can see if it's outside the easement when they do the Final!"

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
Ask your loan officer if they're willing to pay the tab when the final shows the improvements to be within the 10 foot easement?

You might want to call your HOC to see what they say, but a survey seems prudent. Let the DEU make the decision whether they want to follow through with your recommendation. That's why they get the big bucks!

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
CYA

Call your HOC, get names, write everything down regarding what they say to keep in your file and go by whatever they say. Get it from the top, the HOC.

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
David,

Technically...actually, really...you're supposed to have a survey showing the location of the improvements and the floor elevations in the proposed construction package along with the plans, specs, builder's certification ...but who bothers with that stuff anymore???? 8O 8O 8O Not many mortgage companies do, that's for sure. Why do you need such info??? So you can comment in the appraisal report on the positive grading/drainage away from the proposed improvements. I think the days of seeing a proper, complete, FHA proposed construction package are over. It's now a lost art. Hell, I get tired fighting for Builder Certs.....

Ben

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Yep, I was going to mention that proposed plot plan and forgot as I was writing about the HOC. That plot plan should be a drawing, on the survey, of where the house will be located on the lot, plus where the well, septic and driveway will be located if applicable. This needs (usually, as in most areas) to be provided to the building department also when applying for the building permit. This should also be provided to you, the appraiser!

I don't do much in new construction as I do demand everything necessary and the builders don't like that - especially the bigger national builders.

Larry Lyke

David ~

You'll hurt your head banging it against the wall trying to get the stuff you're looking for.

Just refer to it in your appraisal report and stipulate that a copy of the survey or whatever regarding the pipeline is to be sent to the appraiser when it becomes available if the pipeline distance or depth from the improvements do not meet FHA guidelines.

Like magic, it goes away. You'll probably not hear a peep.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Well, Mr. Processor faxed another survey, and this one shows the centerline of the gas line easement, which is on the property line. But it still doesn't show how far the easement goes into the lot, and I am not going to go to the courthouse to dig up the legal description for this particular easement to find out. The new survey also doesn't show the placement of the improvements. I called the Atlanta HOC Friday afternoon, but it was too late to get anyone. I'll call again Monday & do as Pam says, write it all down & get names. I'll post the outcome as it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks