• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Highly recommended reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Plumlee

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
I try and read and absorb as much as possible about this profession. Not sure if this fits you or not but I'm curious as to the best book you might have or recommend from your library.

My favorite so far is a book called Dissection of a Residential Appraisal Report by Calvin Moye. It's the first book I've found that explains field by field what a reviewer looks at, what an underwriter examines, what Fannie Mae expects, etc. It also explains any USPAP considerations for each field. The book points out the most common errors made by appraisers and the inter-relationships between data.

It's not in any bookstore or amazon, but you can get one at calvinmoye.com. It is definitely a good reference guide.

tjvetrone

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Texas
do you have any books that you might care to swap? i would have to look at my library" but i might have a couple to exchange for a period of time. im all about saving my money especially with the conditions at the moment.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
The Law of Succes, by Napolean Hill.

tjvetrone

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Texas
the last one i read which has little bearing on appraising, but it was Financial Peace By Dave Ramsey. I think he still has an AM radio show. good stuff.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
the last one i read which has little bearing on appraising, but it was Financial Peace By Dave Ramsey. I think he still has an AM radio show. good stuff.
He's on 950am at 12pm for 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks