• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hit Our High Today -4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Talk about an old fashion Winter. Last night we recorded a low of -20 at the house and the barn this morning was a -23 all that new snow on the ground from Thursday is not helping.

It looks as if our high was a -4 for the day and its starting to drop, wind out of the west, have no clue what the wind chill is.

Time for spring or time to move to AZ for the rest of the winter.

What is the rest of the country doing???????

Our little birds are cleaning up double the amount of seeds for the past week. They are also spending a lot of time around the heated dog water dish we have on the deck for them. Got out just a bit pass seven to feed them today and it sounded like they were raising h e ll for me being 30 min. late. We have several feeders that are selffeeders, but this time of year I put seeds out along the deck railing. Maybe five quarts of sunflowers, a couple quarts of woodland mix, plus two ears of corn of which I shell off at 80% and then toss the cobs down with the remaining.

Dogone it is cold down here in the office about 40 degrees. When the wood burner is going up stairs my office gets to cold to work in. Typing with gloves now.

Last edited:

PLCG

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Typing with gloves on? Ray, you need a laptop so you can go upstairs and work by the wood stove!

Suz-E

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
That was about our high today too, Ray. Measured a tiny bungalow in Chicago this afternoon and thought I had frostbite in 5 minutes. It was horrible.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the days where it doesn't hit 0-degrees.

Our birds are going crazy. They are the best part of winter.

Edit to add - I attended a class last week with a guy from Ely and a guy from North Dakota. I'm sure they laugh when someone from southern WI complains about the temp.

Last edited:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the days where it doesn't hit 0-degrees.

Our birds are going crazy. They are the best part of winter.

Edit to add - I attended a class last week with a guy from Ely and a guy from North Dakota. I'm sure they laugh when someone from southern WI complains about the temp.

How many of the seats at the big game will now be empty tomorrow because of the weather???

How many more tickets will be for sale at the gate?

What is the chances of them pulling the game and setting another date?

It would be too cold for me to sit on those metal bleachers.

Tomorrow will be the day you need electric socks, undies, gloves, hat, plus lots of wool. Might even want a live sheep or two for your lap.

Are you going up Mr. Stone????

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
How many of the seats at the big game will now be empty tomorrow because of the weather???

How many more tickets will be for sale at the gate?

What is the chances of them pulling the game and setting another date?

It would be too cold for me to sit on those metal bleachers.

Tomorrow will be the day you need electric socks, undies, gloves, hat, plus lots of wool. Might even want a live sheep or two for your lap.

Are you going up Mr. Stone????

No, we're having a party here. With tickets, I'd go in a heartbeat. There won't be an open seat and they are currently going for several hundred dollars up to $1,700 or so.

It is a badge of honor for the folks in GB, so they will be there.

I've gone to winter games at Lambeau, but never when it was below zero (8 degrees was the coldest I've sat there - mid 1990s). The metal bleachers are definitely something to remember. The last time I was there in the winter, December '06, I forgot to bring a cushion or blanket to sit on, and while the rest of me was fine, that stupid bleacher got really cold and made it annoying. That day was in the 20's, with not too much wind, so it wasn't bad.

murray stroupe

Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Low forcasted of 16 tonite-that is cold for TN

Talk about an old fashion Winter.

What is the rest of the country doing???????

Our little birds are cleaning up double the amount of seeds for the past week. They are also spending a lot of time around the heated dog water dish we have on the deck for them. Got out just a bit pass seven to feed them today and it sounded like they were raising h e ll for me being 30 min. late. We have several feeders that are self feeders, but this time of year I put seeds out along the deck railing. Maybe five quarts of sunflowers, a couple quarts of woodland mix, plus two ears of corn of which I shell off at 80% and then toss the cobs down with the remaining.

Doggone it is cold down here in the office about 40 degrees. When the wood burner is going up stairs my office gets to cold to work in. Typing with gloves now.

==========================
Noticed the birds feed more intensely when it is really cold;
or when they sense storms or low temps coming.

And real cold or storms usually bring birds in i hardly ever see at feeder;
brown thrashers, towhees, woodpeckers. Wood peckers have a funny little habit of taking off seeds & storing them in tree bark.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Kind of chilly here in Scottsdale, only got up to 63 degrees today. The trophy wives at Barrett-Jackson might actually have to put some clothes on.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
That was about our high today too, Ray. Measured a tiny bungalow in Chicago this afternoon and thought I had frostbite in 5 minutes. It was horrible.

Disto the inside and the wall thickness. Did 2 today, toasty warm.:flowers:

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Disto the inside and the wall thickness. Did 2 today, toasty warm.:flowers:

Boy, even using the Disto outside has its advantages in the winter. When I use to pull a tape around, my fingers would go numb from pinching the tape to keep it taught. The first time I used a Disto in the cold, I knew it was worth the money right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks