• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Home generators, need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
Had Kabota deisel in my last house. Now have a gas powerd Chineese 8kw for about $700 but paid about $1500 to the electrician for the manual switching box.

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Yanmar makes a pretty good marine engine.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Don't know about generators, have 2 John Deere tractors with 3 cyl Yanmar diesels that run like a Deere.:)

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
For information or to get competitive pricing on generators, go to generator joe.com. They only sell on line.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I bought this one like last year for the home place.

It handles the house, barn and shop. Cost a few bucks to have it hooked into the power grid the correct way. So you didn't cook the Linemen who was out to restore power. The one I have runs of LP and has it own 1000 gal tank.

Guardian Elite 25 kW (3-Phase, 120/208V) Generator (Premium-Grade)

I also have a 5000 watt in the shop as a portable I can haul out to anywhere.

Briggs & Stratton 5000 Watt Portable Electric Start Generator

I would not be without one. Have had then since the 70's at the ranch in Colorado. Power when you need it.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I have a 7500W Coleman Portable that I have added extra mufflers , and forced air cooling in a waterproof enclosure. It pretty well runs the whole house except for A/C, and Dryer. If nothing else is running I can hot up the water heater. I plug it into the dryer outlet and trip the main breaker. It works great and was about $2500 less than an automatic system (hey, I'm cheap, what can I say). It kept us going for over 10 days in 2004 when we got 3 hurricanes in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks