• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Home Inspectors Unite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Simpson

Check out the news story @ www.inman.com regarding; Home Inspectors Organization bans referrals from Real Estate Agents--it make for interesting reading.

Here's an excerpt; When brokers or agents mix with home inspectors; a practice that's common throughout the country; the result is a home inspector who lives in an agent's hip pocket, Robitaille believes. He said inspectors who give home buyers unbiased reports that potentially could derail a home sale are referred to as "deal killers" and are "blackballed" by some agents.

It's a brand new year ladies & gentlemen, and it feels like that pendulum is finally starting to swing the other way. I'm optomistic about the future of our profession (cautiously optomistic--not giddy), and intend to write a well crafted letter in hopes of getting some of these Home Inspection Organizations to sign the appraiser's petition.

As a one time Home Inspector/Pest Inspector I know what they suffer. The more you know--the less work you get. Rubber stamp it or pay the consequences. This has got to stop!

-Mike

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
Amen Mike!! As a new Home Inspector I made the mistake of soliciting the Real Estate Agents. Then I realized my mistake and stopped that! Now I depend on my advertising and word of mouth. But my Home Inspection has got me more buisness as an Appriaser than it has as an Inspector. :)

BigBlueGA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Woohoo! That's great.. I am really optimistic about the home inspection industry. They are providing a *MUCH* needed service to homebuyer's that needs to be completely independent to be of any value whatsoever. We've got only a couple of home inspectors in my area and only one that I think does a completely honest and open inspection.. he's the one that I refer all of my buyers to. An educated and experienced home inspector IMHO is about the most valuable party to any real estate transaction that I can think of. :D

- Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks