• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hot Job opportunity for trainees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Micozzi

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
How's this for improving the profession?

I found this posted on the Appraisal Institute job board.

ALL STATES my bold
Intern Appraiser Appraisal Opportunity
Seeking Interns who desire their own business. You must have your own clients and work. I will train new interns if you can maintain 25+ residential appraisals per month. My goal is to get you to 50+ reports per month. The starting split is 50%, as I will train you in every aspect of the business. Once you are proficient, producing timely, reliable reports, the split will increase to 70%. Once you become a licensed appraiser, you own the business 100% with no obligation to me. I will review the appraisals for accuracy and quality and help you any questions and problems that may occur. Internships begin with a non-obligation probation period. Please contact @hotmail.com
Job Contact
Listing posted: 11/29

You have got to be kidding me!!!!:Eyecrazy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
ALL STATES

Intern Appraiser
Appraisal Opportunity

Seeking Interns who desire their own business. You must have your own clients and work. I will train new interns if you can maintain 25+ residential appraisals per month. My goal is to get you to 50+ reports per month. The starting split is 50%, as I will train you in every aspect of the business. Once you are proficient, producing timely, reliable reports, the split will increase to 70%. Once you become a licensed appraiser, you own the business 100% with no obligation to me. I will review the appraisals for accuracy and quality and help you any questions and problems that may occur. Internships begin with a non-obligation probation period. Please contact [email protected]

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
There has been at least one scam involving the unmonitored AI job board. This could be another one. I wonder how much you have to put up front for the "probation period?"

Last edited:

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
ALL STATES

Intern Appraiser
Appraisal Opportunity

Seeking Interns who desire their own business. You must have your own clients and work. I will train new interns if you can maintain 25+ residential appraisals per month. My goal is to get you to 50+ reports per month. The starting split is 50%, as I will train you in every aspect of the business. Once you are proficient, producing timely, reliable reports, the split will increase to 70%. Once you become a licensed appraiser, you own the business 100% with no obligation to me. I will review the appraisals for accuracy and quality and help you any questions and problems that may occur. Internships begin with a non-obligation probation period. Please contact [email protected]

Gonna be hard to do on 1-1-2008 when the limit of trainees to any certified appraiser will be 3.:rof:

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Must be slow in NY when two people from the same outfit are making separate posts on the same topic!

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Nah.

Must be slow in NY when two people from the same outfit are making separate posts on the same topic!

We both got the same e-mail from Claude from NY. We aren't from the same outfit, although I'm good friends with the outfit Jim works for and have worked with Claude for many years in the past. As for it being slow, you betcha.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
PLEASE!! Forward that to Mr Cuomo, I can not believe anyone in NY would be posting something like that in todays Web of Mortgage woes.

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
We both got the same e-mail from Claude from NY. We aren't from the same outfit, although I'm good friends with the outfit Jim works for and have worked with Claude for many years in the past. As for it being slow, you betcha.

Ah, my bad. I thought you guys were part of the same "Gang."

Slow, yeah. But historically it gets busy two weeks before Christmas and everyone wants the job done yesterday.

Wonder how many appraisers are going to throw in the towel between January and April?

Indiana Jones

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
Gonna be hard to do on 1-1-2008 when the limit of trainees to any certified appraiser will be 3.:rof:

In Indiana it's 2.

Also, the Super has to physically inspect the first 50 WITH the trainee and anything over 50 miles from the trainees office.

But I'm sure that won't be a problem for him.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
More fun

You think that's something? Check out the local craigslist. I don't know about anywhere else but some of the postings in the NY area are real bottom of the barrel garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks