• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hot Mess

Salty

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
At least 90% of the reports I see have no explanation whatsoever as to how adjustments were derived. Makes me wonder why I take the time to explain mine. Of the remaining 10% the explanation that is there is not really much of an explanation at all. I would love to see some of these work files. Or maybe not. Probably still using the same match pair analysis from back in 2013 in a different area.
 

redfish

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
I detest J Grant's approach to the prior sale analysis.

Prior sale in 3 years. Required to analyze it, not just report it.
 

TMG

Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Reviewing can help you learn from other appraisers, or inadvertently inflate your ego when you see the cr_p going on out there.

I had one review where the subject backed a busy street, and all the comps had neutral locations and large across the board location adjs. Appraiser commented: "there were no comparables with external factors at this time". I called them on it, and they replied that the busy street was not an issue. So I asked why they adjusted for it then? They didn't have an answer for that question.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Top

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks