• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hot Off The Fax -- Hope ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Most recent order - FIRST line:

"ALL ADOBE PDF FILES MUST BE LOCKED AND NON-EDITABLE OR THEY WILL BE REJECTED"
:clapping:

Looks to me like Pam's lawsuit is having some effect!

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Now, if we could just get it IN WRITING that they will not unlock it, and/or allow it to be unlocked, and/or cause it to be unlocked, and/or will not send it to any entity that does not guarantee it will not be unlocked... for ANY REASON.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Was this from an AMC or lender? This is just proof of what has been going on. They must be getting ready for what is coming, and it is not only from us appraisers.

One AMC good folk told me they had a meetihg, the staff had to stop opening PDF's.

Last edited:

tjcou812

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
I'm not a computer or software guru here. How do "Lock" a PDF file ????

Thanks

frozone

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
New York
I'm not a computer or software guru here. How do "Lock" a PDF file ????

Thanks

Using what program? Adobe has a document security feature that lets you password protect the file. There are also different functions you can disable ie. disabling copy/cut/add text features. Essentially "locking out" the file recipient from specific functions that may change the document.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
How do "Lock" a PDF file ????
Your software likely does that for you if you use a form report. If you do a narrative and save as a .pdf file, your .pdf driver has settings that allow you to set security (lock) items.
If you use Adobe Writer then check under Document>Security>How to
or in the print menu choose Adobe as your printer then >Properties > select Adobe PDF Security and pull down the menu pick something besides "none" then EDIT, and from that menu check "use a password..." and set it so someone can read it or print it but not edit it.
Other PDF programs have similar menus usually under "security". For you to edit it, you have to put in the password.

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Riick: Who was it from? Inquriing minds would like to know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks