• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

House Gop Bill Would Tax University Endowment Income At 1.4%

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
"The House tax bill would tax university endowment income at 1.4 percent, according to a Republican aide.

The tax would apply to schools with assets of more than $100,000 per student and exempts small schools, said the aide who asked not to be named because the bill isn’t yet public."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...aid-to-tax-university-endowment-income-at-1-4

I believe churches should be taxed....

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
oh no!! that means that Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Stanford and other bastions of Liberal ideology will have to pay a miniscule tax while state schools and others, where the elite don't attend, will not.

Pittsburgh Pete

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
oh no!! that means that Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Stanford and other bastions of Liberal ideology will have to pay a miniscule tax while state schools and others, where the elite don't attend, will not.
And I'm sure that if your child was accepted to one of those bastions of liberal ideology he/she would decline?

Gobears81

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I believe churches should be taxed....
I admittedly don't attend church, haven't for at least 15-years, and consider a huge percentage of church space grossly underused. With that said, I completely disagree. One of the foundations of maintaining the free exercise of religion (and the separation of church and state) is to refrain from taxing it.

D

Deleted member 130081

I don't agree with taxing schools. Or real estate.

NachoPerito

Professional Status
State
Washington
This is interesting. I had heard Harvard is sitting on $30B. The money just keeps rolling in and they don't know what to do with it.

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
And I'm sure that if your child was accepted to one of those bastions of liberal ideology he/she would decline?
My point was that these elite institutions have more money than they know what to do with while the institutions that most citizens attend have much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks