• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

House Of Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
2017 Economic Headwinds: Housing Bubbles Popping up and Just Plain Popping Everywhere
"As we enter 2017, housing bubbles are showing signs of bursting all over the world. I know I’ve been promising I would lay out the economic headwinds for 2017, but 2017’s headwinds are building so fast and furious that I’m having to break that promised article out into several articles, as I’m accumulating material faster than I have time to cover."
"I’m going to start with the housing bubbles that are now extremely evident in the US, Canada and Australia, noting that housing is also insane in its own weird way in China again and in many other parts of the world. The point I want to make is that, with housing bubbles now at the peak of popping in several parts of the world, this coming housing market collapse could make the US housing market crash of 2007-2009 look like the warm-up act, and housing is just one area of the global economy that is showing signs of high peril."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...les-popping-and-just-plain-popping-everywhere

Stagnant wages and inflating prices is a sure disaster.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
$

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
It ain't way under is it? That was October 2016 and prices reached a new high again in March 2017 in the neighborhood I just left.

No seller's remorse, for selling too early? :)

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Nope. I sold for $639,000 in January 2017, last sale was $702,500 March 2017.

If you are buying in North Carolina I would guess leaving $60,000 on the California table is not that big a loss.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
If you are buying in North Carolina I would guess leaving $60,000 on the California table is not that big a loss.

Can't be a loss. Prices were not that high in January.

What I escaped was worth more than $60,000. :)

Inventory is low here as well as Carlsbad. Prices have been moving up. New homes are being built on existing lots here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks