• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How About

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
How about we try to get some HomeOwners to come on here & get them to tell some stories about Low Life Lenders & RE Agents & APPRAISERS!! ????

Might just find some that would be willing to help the few of us that are trying to do this job right.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
More often than not it was the homeowner who screamed, yelled, demanded appraisal fee refunds and stopped payment on checks and credit cards when the value came in low.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
That may be opening a can of worms. Look how many are upset when the appraisal isn’t high enough and they miss out on their dream house?

Contrary to the definition of market value, homeowners make their purchase most often than not based on emotion and not education. Combine that with the “not my fault” mentality common in this society and that is asking for trouble IMHO.

Perhaps a special thread for those disgruntled homeowners and those with a real cause could be helped, but who is going to weed through the complaints?

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
How about we, as appraisers, tell about all the unreasonable estimates of value given by the home owner?

Mike Plumlee

Professional Status
State
Texas
I think the most interesting stories are on divorce appraisals, at least it has been in my short career. Case in point:

Husband and wife hire separate appraisers directly for appraisals in order to amicably create a divorce settlement start point. The husband hires us and we value the SFR property at $550K. The wife's appraiser brought it in at $900K, so the husband told us. The husband got a second appraisal from a CG at $525K.

I don't know how all this ended up but I sure wish I knew who did the $900K appraisal.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
One lady did come here, she was chewed up pretty good for signing a bad deal and spending the money yada yada, but toughed it out. I suspect she is the exception. Nothing like putting a virginesque HO in a forum full of a-hole appraisers with a chip on their shoulder and full wood for victim HOs. Feel good story of the year. Not.:huh:

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I think the most interesting stories are on divorce appraisals, at least it has been in my short career. Case in point:

Husband and wife hire separate appraisers directly for appraisals in order to amicably create a divorce settlement start point. The husband hires us and we value the SFR property at $550K. The wife's appraiser brought it in at $900K, so the husband told us. The husband got a second appraisal from a CG at $525K.

I don't know how all this ended up but I sure wish I knew who did the $900K appraisal.

or how many times did she sleep with the appraiser to get that value?

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
We’ll let you be in charge of the welcoming committee, Mr. Rex! You’ll weed em out pretty quick.:rof:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina

Thank you, thank you verry much.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio

Attachments

• TheDog_297962 (2).gif
    TheDog_297962 (2).gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks