• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How Did Kohlhepp Get A Re License?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Janet

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I don't know anything about his license, but I do know a woman who worked in his brokerage for a couple years and I am thankful she is alive. He is a sick $&^(*&#@&

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
That was absolutely horrible what happened. That type of criminal can never be rehabilitated, some individuals are hardwired from birth to be monsters. There seems to be no accountability to those on parole boards who release that type back into society. Trust your instincts when dealing with someone who doesn't seem right.

Dean

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I think he was a juvenile when it first happened, 15 maybe. Possible but highly doubtful that his record was sealed, or he possible had it expunged when he was older. Again, i doubt it though. I would say most likely, a background check was just not performed when he got his license

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I think he was a juvenile when it first happened, 15 maybe. Possible but highly doubtful that his record was sealed, or he possible had it expunged when he was older. Again, i doubt it though. I would say most likely, a background check was just not performed when he got his license
Per the article that was referenced earlier in the thread, he disclosed the prior conviction to the real estate board and gave them some b.s. explanation and the board gave him a license anyhow.

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Every time I fill out one of those forms for my RE broker license and answer whether I have been convicted of a felony lately I shake my head and wonder which other trades and professions face that question.

You'd think particularly when overseeing licensees in a field where selling is a focal skill, the authorities might have looked closer at the story they were being sold by this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks