• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How Do I Become An Appraiser In Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

kip garden

Freshman Member
Can someone tell me the steps in becoming an appraiser in south florida (fort lauderdale area)

Chris Colston

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Have you been to school yet? If not you have to start by going to school. The schools can usually take care of the administrative paper work required by the state, like fingerprinting, etc. While in school, or just after, find a supervisor. You'll probably have to knock on quite a few doors (unless you already know someone). Be prepared to work for "peanuts" in the beginning.

Angel L Figueroa

Freshman Member
call the miami dade community college or even broward community college.. the clas is fun but you have to do 2000 hrs of inspecting and no one wants to help you out...most of the certifield appraisel I had talked they do not want to help you for some reason they forgot when they 1st started. I graduated back on may and still no one wants to be my mentor or supervisor. good luck!

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Kip:

Before you jump out into this, take a minute and check the archives on this page. This "adventure" is a minimum 2-year marathon in most states with no guarantee of even getting a mentor.

I don't mean to discourage you, but you need to truly understand what you are getting into. If, after reading all this you still want to go for it, great! But before you quit your day job, you need to be aware of the market, changes that are taking place, and the trends that may affect you as a new appraiser.

Good luck.

Roger Strahan, IFA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks