• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How do you adjust for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
If you find a home that has this human problem what do you say in your comments about the organism being in the house?

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7841296

Or you don't say anything and move on?

Page is no longer there. It was a story on leprosy outbreak in Hot Springs, ARK.

Last edited:

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
I'm no athority but I thought leprosy was curable, or at least containable these days.

Do you have info that a house, if sold, could transmit the disease? If not, then it would be no different impact than any other disease.

NC Appraising

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I wouldn't appraise it. I would run like the wind!!

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
You don't worry about it. If there was a problem, you can assume that the house and/or area would be closed by the health department. Since it was not, Limiting Condition #5 in the FNMA report would seem to apply.

This is a human problem for which you are not license to consider. We appraise real estate. Stick to termites and leave the infectious diseases to the licensed medical people.

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Page is no longer there. It was a story on leprosy outbreak in Hot Springs, ARK.
Thursday, Springdale Doctor Jennifer Bingham told 5News there were nine cases of leprosy in the Springdale Marshallese population.
Those cases are not new. In fact, the health department has been tracking them for the last two to three years.
Dr. Phillips says the latest medical information shows only five percent of the population is suceptible to leprosy, which is typically spread through close contact with mucous or other bodily fluids, over a long period of time.
http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?s=7845322

It's AR no ARK.

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
It reminds me of when AIDS was first discovered. Nobody knew how it was spread. If someone died of AIDS in a house there was a stigma. Of course all of that is illegal now.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
It reminds me of when AIDS was first discovered. Nobody knew how it was spread. If someone died of AIDS in a house there was a stigma. Of course all of that is illegal now.

You all have that little mouse running around in and under some of your houses that the virus they carry can kill people. Do you adjust for them critters ?

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
Of course all of that is illegal now.
Reaaly? If I decide not to buy a house because someone who lived their had AIDS, what crime would I be committing? Unfettered excercise of free will?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks