• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How do you stay Organized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

appraisalde

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Some people use dry-erase boards, day planners, PDA's, or Post-Its all over the place. I was wondering what you specifically do to stay on top of your daily life including, inspections, doctor/dentist/family appointments, due dates, etc. I tried a paper planner and didn't have much luck, and now am thinking of trying out the old PDA I have never used....I guess for me it needs to be handy enough to have with me all the time and not large and cumbersome.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I started out in 2001 with a Palm Pilot, now I use the Palm Treo cellphone. It's a great way to keep track of everything and it syncs with the Palm program in your computer.

It also can be used as a back up camera; it replaced my MLS keypad; for all you geeks you can load in the HP calc program; get a pair of headphones and you can listen to tunes.

I never leave home without it.

TC

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I have a paper appointment book. Goes everywhere I go. I still not up on this fancy stuff with puter, note books, palm things and etc. I want to see it written out so I can get my teeth into it.

To many button to push and remember which one to push.

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
I use outlook, and I have it bluetooth sync with my tablet in the field. I also have a full time assistant...that helps too.

cgjerdetu

Professional Status
State
California
I am not appraising right now, but I am using top producer. Since it has a lot of features that an appraiser wouldn't necessarily need, I think either using outlook or maybe act would work well. I always just used a paper calendar to schedule appointments and plan my day. The skill I most want to improve this year is calendaring my time. It would have been very helpful to me as an appraiser as well.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
The skill I most want to improve this year is calendaring my time.

Sorry CG,

But I hate the *******ization of the English language.

I set priorities, I don't prioritize.

I met people at a seminar, we didn't seminar.

I set appointments, I don't calendar.

calendering is the process of smoothing the surface of the paper by pressing it between rollers. Uncalendered papers — those not made smooth by calendering — have a less smooth texture.

Ah, what do I know, where's frickin' Hatch when you knead him.

TC

icisic7

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
TC, :).

(Frikkin' 10 character minimum.)

marc paolella

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Blackberry plus Bluetooth plus Outlook 2007. Always in sync. Always know what I have to do and when. Always have all my contacts with me everywhere I go.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
I set appointments, I don't calendar.

Hey, TC, do you do lunch? :rof: :rof:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
No, Baby, but meet me for breakfast and I'll pancake you.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks